earlier, without anything in mind to write about i have thought of something quite cool and different, that i even convinced myself doing it every week. basically it would be my top ten list of anything under the sun post. and for my very first post, i have decided to list down my top 10 wandering wonders (just to be consistent with my blog's name).
10. whenever you are on the verge of panic in a middle of an unfamiliar place. always remember that security guards are you're best friends, money (for taxi fare) is you're best weapon, keen eye sight is you're best skill and taxi drivers are you worst enemies.
9. if you are quite depressed and home sick, soul searching walks in manila will likely end you up finding pimples or an inch thick concoction spread of dirt and oil on your face.
8. if you find something moving in a garbage spot that you've passed by, don't be alarmed. usually, it is no rabid monster that would attack you nor a rapist waiting for a victim. they are actually just rats but as big as cats. just hope they still have fur on them because the last time i saw one it was already blushing bald.
7. if you are in financial shortage, jeepny 1-2-3 as a modus operandi is not advisable. because at times like this, jeepny drivers are keener than what we think. and they could be awful naggers than stand up commedians. but the thing is they still really couldn't tell if you're a student or not. so just pretend you are one. atleast you still save some cents.
6. one of the best body figures are not in gyms but among constructions sites. in writing this, i am now considering in transferring a different profession.
5. whenever riding the mrt, always bring an open mind in anything that might happen.
4. the worst thing that could happen to you inside a train station is to wait for a hundred mile line just to find out on your turn that you lack a peso in an exact fare line or infront of a vending ticket machine.
3. taxi drivers are nicer after midnight. no extra baggage fee, traffic fee or what ever fees. they would even give back your change.
2. never walk streets with head raised too high, not only because you might end up with tambay or gang tripping, but also because landmine problems are not only a persistent in cambodia. they are even nastier here in the philippines, believe me.
1. this is my all-time classic (as this might already been indicated on my previous post): remember, ped xing is not a street named after a chinese man who provided gun powder to help the colonial revolution. neither a relative of bike xing rail road xing etc. its just that some smart ass guy improvised it, to abbreviate pedestrian crossing. so if you're lost never call your friends and asked them to get you in ped xing st. its definitely a lesson learned for me.