marcel mauss, an anthropologist said, gifts are never "free". Rather, human history is full of examples that gifts give rise to reciprocal exchange.
if someone gave you something and you asked "why?" and "for what occasion?", never bite the answer, "nothing, i just feel like giving you a gift."
one way or another all of us never give something out of nowhere. admit it or not, we have our own direct or indirect intentions and reasons why we do such. everything should be reciprocated especially among us, filipinos, because of the concept of utang na loob or gratitudeness which is highly observed among us.i have been maintaining this blog site for almost two years now and i can say that i am pretty much familiar about the psyche of each bloggers that pass and go this site.
there are two kinds of bloggers in this virtual sphere. the one who writes for the sake of writing and expressing themselves. while the other one are those who only want to be popular through writing and expressing themselves. see the difference? the former are the ones who write remarkably and read other posts seriously. they are the kind of readers that you would want to have and keep because they would definitely give you remarks that you rightfully deserve. they would not hesistate to give you kudos if you did a great job and criticize up to the smallest details if you fail.while the latter are those who you can tag as mediocres (excuse me, for being too blatant). for them, what matters is not the topic or content of what they are writing but the number of hits or visits and comments they will get. these are the people who has the mindset that, if i visit you, you visit me as well.from defining the two, i couldn't tell which i am classified and probably neither do you. call me in denial, but who cares. hehehe.i think the interesting part of these is determining and sorting out which blogger remains and who just passes by and i actually have my five signs in my list.
5. the papapampam. some would definitely identify themselves in your cbox. eg. hi there! just hopping by. without leaving a comment on your post. from there you'll already know that that person didn't even bothered reading or scanning your site. papampam is papansin (bagong word na natutunan ko. hehehe).
4. the conceited!! they will ask you for ex-link at the first visit and its like asking for kiss in your first date--- ACKWARD!!!yung mga tipong kapag sinearch mo sa dictionary name nila nakalagay ang picture nila sa tabi ng word at sa synonyms, ang blog site nila.
3. the ass kisser. "you have a nice page here," "you are one remarkable writer" and everything that you would think of that would make your ego blast from here to the nearest star.bakit ass kisser? huwag ka magtagalog. bawal magtagalog? oo, bawal! ha? eto iodized salt. papakin mo muna.
2. after the ass kissing lines they would ask you to visit their blog as well. after that you'll wish that they will be recognize by blogger.com as a spammer and block them forever.
1. some will bother leaving a comment. but it will either be another one liner ass kissing statement or something not even engaging a conversation like good! great! nice post... as if someone taught them that comments should always be in a positive tone.
*if you're one of these. please just spare me my site...